Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Sign Of The Times ?

I popped in to Pantip Plaza the other day. The last time I went there was about a year ago - then it was crowded with customers, stalls and all the shop space seemed occupied. Business seemed brisk.

But now many shop spaces are empty or shuttered. Many of the stalls on the upper floors have gone, the place looks as though it is on the way down.

I can only speculate on the reason - is it because tourist numbers are really down hence not enough customers ? Is it because business owners are getting out because the building is going to make way for a new development of some sort ? Are the small businesses being priced out of the market by the big guys ? Who knows - I don't.

I know everything changes over time but this is sad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment