Sunday, October 27, 2013

Thai Ingenuity - Simple Queuing

I came across this image on Twitter the other day . It is another example of Thai ingenuity when it comes to basic things. In my years in Thailand I have noticed that the Thais are becoming more supportive of the queuing idea as opposed to the free for all syndrome found in many Asian countries.

This image shows just that, obviously the counters people were waiting to use did not have a working 'ticket'system found in many Thai banks and offices so the people made their own.  Instead of numbered tickets place your shoes and sit down!  An excellent idea.


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:43 PM

    This is an old picture and I've seen it claimed it was North Eastern Brazil not Thailand. Either way it's amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:01 PM

    I have examined this image very closely and am 99 per cent certain that the writing is in Thai. I have also seen this image on various blogs placing the location in India, Hawaii, Sri Lanka and Brazil ! Goes to show you cannot believe what you see !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree the writing does appear to be Thai

    ReplyDelete