Thursday, June 07, 2012

Very Smelly Heavy Rain - Electric Pussy Cat Bar



An interesting thing happened the other night. I was waiting in the Electric Pussy Cat bar just off of Sukhumvit Soi 20 for my best mate and his son when it poured down with rain. I was fine as I was inside, but my mate and his son came in a few minutes later absolutely drenched.

Nothing really unusual in that, but their clothes smelt  as though they had been in a heavily chlorinated swimming pool.

It was a disgusting smell and it was definitely the rain that had caused it....... I hate to think what the rain consisted of. It certainly wasn't just water !  Having been in Bangkok 9 years this is the first time I have been subjected to this !

Anyway, if ever you want a cold beer at very reasonable prices, and like classic music from the 60's onwards, come to the Electric Pussy Cat lounge bar. It is in a side soi off of Sukhumvit Soi 20 near Sukhumvit Road. Its an excellent place for a quiet, or sometimes not so quiet beer ! Food is available, again at reasonable prices, supplied by the hotel opposite the bar.

Update:

As of the beginning of November 2012 the Electric Pussy Cat bar is under new ownership. It is also undergoing renovations. I am not sure if the name will stay the same - we will see soon. Opening date not known.

No comments:

Post a Comment