Sunday, May 06, 2012

It Had To Happen.....Motorbike Taxi Accident

I have been using motor bike taxis for years in Bangkok. I have had near misses, heart stopping moments, but yesterday it happened. Luckily I was on the back of a motorbike taxi traveling slowly in traffic.  A tuk tuk in front of us stopped, but the motorbike taxi didn't. We ran into the back of the tuk tuk and I fell off to the right hand side. I smashed my forehead on the road, with my head taking the impact, my right hand was next, bending the little finger back on itself, followed by my right knee and then right foot. Or maybe I have got the order wrong - I am not sure.

The injuries in themselves were clearly visible but what pissed me off worse is the rip in my Levi jeans !  Ok my nose bled, as did my forehead, but the jeans are a write off. 3000 baht down the drain. They were not even counterfeit...they were the real thing.



One accident in 9 years is quite good really, but what worries me is that these things happen in threes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment