Monday, November 01, 2010

Bangkok Stress !

I really have had enough. Despite receiving advice from me and many ex pats in Bangkok, at least 4 of my friends and aquaintances are emotionally and financially  hammered, and thats just this last two weeks !

Yes, they all have fallen for bar girls who have been in the 'not her - she is not the same, she loves me ' bracket. But as you can guess they have been screwed - either its money or other 'boyfriends' or both.

Before I am accused of painting all bar girls with the same brush, I am not. Just the majority of them !

Now, its not a real problem for me, as its up to the guys - they are all old enough, but why do they cry on my shoulder time and time again.

This week I have had enough - my stress levels are at an all time high !

Phone calls in the middle of the night, evenings that start off with a few drinks but degenerate into chaotic counselling sessions. I have had  tales of them being ripped off,  accounts of them receiving constant demands for money from their girl, stories of their girls disappearing for a few days, stories about what their girls have said ( or not said ) when asked where the money is going..... The list goes on.

These guys are basically messed up and I have seen it all before, many times.

Please people, if you fall for a bar girl who is 'working' in Thailand treat her as though she is going to take your head and wallet for what she can until she proves otherwise. Not just over a period of a few weeks but maybe a year or more. It does not matter if you 'buy' her out of the bar, her mindset will not change overnight....

A second point is that a cutie in Soi Cowboy is NOT going to fall for a middle aged farang - she will only fall for your wallet, despite saying otherwise.

An aggravating factor for many farang in Bangkok is the continuing terrible currency exchange rate and inflation. It's ok if you are working for a multi national and paid in Baht, but the majority are not. This is no doubt adding to people's stress levels ( including mine ).


Time for a holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment