Wednesday, November 04, 2009

It just gets worse

Right, tonight I went out. Not to a farang oriented venue but to a quiet bar in On Nut, Bangkok. About 5km's from where I live. I ended up there because On Nut is the end of the skytrain line ( at the moment ) and as it was raining where I would normally get off I stayed on the train !

I was the only farang in the place, and soon got chatting to the locals. The prices were realistic, and the music was of my type. I had about 5 beers. and the locals had about 3, but they were pissed beyond comphrehension. One guy, about 55 years old, tried to sell me his daughter who works in Tesco Lotus. He described her down to her genitals and said that his family wanted her to have a farang. This amazed me - I thought you would only find this in Sukhumvit. But no.

I politely stated that his daughter was young enough to be my daughter, but he said it did not matter !! He went on to say that she had no future with a Thai man in Tesco Lotus and needed a farang ! This is thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment