Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mercury A Go Go, Nana Plaza - A Traditional Go Go Bar



Last night I realised that I still prefer traditional Bangkok Go Go bars over the newer upmarket ones you find elsewhere in town. I have always liked the small, cozy and dark bars that have plenty of girls, reasonable prices and a great atmosphere, but over the last year or so have ignored them.

But now I have found Mercury Bar in Nana Plaza. I went in there for the first time last night and it fits the bill completely. Especially the prices - 90 baht for Chang, Heineken or Singha and 120 baht for the other beers.

Its dim lighting and red decor sets the mood of the place. Couple that with good music and plenty of friendly girls ( they have about 40 )and you have a great place for a fun evening. What I especially liked was that the girls were of all shapes, sizes and ages instead of the 'Coyote' stereotype found elsewhere, AND they were not too pushy when it came to drinks.

There was one girl that caught my eye - she was about 25 years old, very small, with very small breasts. She was full of fun but her knee length boots were way to big for her. She couldn't walk properly in them, let alone dance ! She couldn't have been much taller than 4 feet. She wasn't a midget just small. The mammasan told me that they didn't make boots small enough for her !

I think I will be making Mercury one of my regular haunts.

You can find Mercury very easily. Just go into Nana Plaza, take the escalator on the right hand side then at the top of the escalator turn immediately right and Mercury is in front of you, just 3 steps away. I forgot to take my camera with me last night so there is no picture - I will rectify that in a couple of days.

7 comments:

  1. Yep. Mercury's probably the best bar in Nana right now. Great staff, not pushy and very reasonable prices - and that girl is REALLY small!

    ReplyDelete
  2. leosia

    Yes Mercury sure is good. I really like it because the girls are not pushy like in some other bars.

    Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:10 PM

    Great Blogg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:16 PM

    Have been to the place several times & agree generally with the commments of the other posters.

    What (INMHO) makes any bar worth visiting is the Mamasan; the ladyboy mamasan of this bar tries her best to make any customer welcome & at ease ( at least that's my experience with her/him, so far, hope that it remains same, same , on future visits) .

    A bit pedantic; but the bar name is MERCURE, not Mercury, at least that's what I recall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:11 PM

    wow Tai is sure going well there good luck to her

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:42 PM

    Yes this place is really nice and so is the people with in... How ever.. I Got to say some...

    If you get with a girl called "pui or pumpui" Beware... Live the fuck.. She got me sick.. Even told her about it and to help her to get help.. No.. No one of them never listen to you that she is sick.. Or infected.

    ReplyDelete