Monday, April 13, 2009

Champagne Charlies, Bangkok

Champagne Charlies BangkokThe Champagne Charlies Premises Now

When the Champagne Room near Sukhumvit Soi 4 closed it was quite sad. I spent many evenings there being entertained by lovely ladies, and sometimes just entertained by copious amounts of Johnny Walker whisky :) But it came to an end and closed for reasons that I will not mention here.

A few months later some of the people behind the Champagne Room came up with the idea to open Champagne Charlies. It was a great idea, they had a great location selected for it, right next to Asoke BTS and MRT station in Sukhumvit.

But there was a lot of scepticism about its viability as the recession was in its early stages and the disposable income of many farangs was declining - in my case quite rapidly ! But they still went ahead and they opened. Unfortunately the sceptics were right and it closed a few months later. I just hope that the founder members did not lose too much money ! I was going to be one, but chickened out . Maybe it will surface again in the future - I hope so. The concept is great.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure they will open it up again ^^

    ReplyDelete