Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fish and Chip Shop - Bangkok !!


It's about time I gave this fish and shop shop in Bangkok a plug on here. I have been using it regularly for years, and I can safely say it serves up great fish and chips ! You can find it just down Sukhumvit Soi 23 on the left hand side of the road, before you get to Soi Cowboy. The staff are friendly, the food good, and prices are very reasonable. Its a great stopping off point on the way home after a night out.

Before you ask, you can get cod ! Of course its more expensive than the local fish but its worth it for the taste. You can eat in or takeaway. The owner of the shop has the bar nextdoor as well, so beer and stuff is available too !



In fact I went in there last night after a few beers and shots in Tilac Bar ( now the best bar in Soi Cowboy in my opinion ) and somehow managed to order my usual egg and chips. Or perhaps I didn't order it and they just gave it to me as its what I usually order ! I can't remember !

Anyway, if you are in Bangkok make sure you visit the place. Take it as you find it and enjoy !








5 comments:

  1. Excellent to know I can get a feed of one of my favorite foods. There must also be the A1 hamburger joint to somewhere. What and where ?
    Thanks for the tip on Chish n Fips. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I can't help in relation to the hamburger as they are not really my type of food ( I would use Burger King anyway ! ).

    There are loads of places that do them but what they are like I don't know :)

    Best of luck !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:26 PM

    I agree wholeheartedly with you about the quality of the fish n chips Mr BB, FANTASTIC....

    I've been in there a number of times when I've been in Bangkok, and I hope to go in many more times!



    AngSilaLad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:36 PM

    I decided to try the fish and chips here for a bit of variety recently.......What do you know the food was superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second that - although I do not frequent soi 23 more than 3 times a month I can still safely say that the fish and chips here are first class

    ReplyDelete