Thursday, October 11, 2007

Going Back To England

Ok, I am off to England for 10 days on Sunday. Pain in the arse. I don't want to go but I have to - I promised my parents I would go and see them weeks ago. I know, I am a bad son.

I fly Bangkok - Abu Dhabi, then onto London - Etihad airways.

Etihad are a great airline - its a shame they do not fly direct to London from Bangkok.

I have flown the Bangkok - London route so many times I have lost count and with many different airlines. Etihad have been best overall, with Thai Airways coming in at number one on the direct route - although their prices are a bit steep now.

Etihad Airways Website
Thai Aiways Website

The worst experiences I have had was with Emirates and Royal Jordanian ! The checkin at London for Emirates was a disaster and the inflight service was slow or non existant - with the comment from the stewardess ' I will come back later ' being common, and then they don't.

The experience at Amman airport with Royal Jordanian was intimidating to say the least - and the facilities available at the airport whilst I waited for the connecting flight were mostly closed.

So its back to England reluctantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment